Sunday 2 December 2012


Becoming Free

This morning I took another look at this photo of Evie who aspires to real freedom. To think she use to annoy me and I use to see her as defiant, simply because she would come down stairs with the weirdest outfits on that didn't match. But she was happy and I now see that it was my issue. Now I look at her and admire everything she is. She really is Red all the way through. She knows exactly what she wants out of life, what she believes in and who she wants to be. She is the most generous person with an amazing heart too. She follows what she believes in, what is the right thing to do and what she needs to do. She made my heart smile when she chose to sit with a girl who didn't have many friends and had broken her leg. She sat reading books and talking to her in break times even though her mates kept telling her not too. Even wrote on her i pod to them, 'how would you feel if that was you?' They said 'we don't care let just us play' needless to say she as removed herself from these girls. We can all learn lessons from her, her innocence and I aspire to be as awesome as she is.


This got me thinking about me and my own freedom and I realised I was sat naked with all my family around, my hubby, kids and my mum. Only 2wks ago I was freaking out about how I looked, felt and what people may or may not have thought. But In my home environment I am totally safe, at peace and totally free to just be me and have always been. I have no issues with how I look, what size I am or what I wear and this was even at size 24. I realised that I too have real freedom at home and that is why she is the way she is. I'm actually not all bad! I know that sounds bad but I see how much of this is what I chose or did. So it is good to see I have done somethings right too. It was me who brought my unauthentic self's negativity into my home and that's what Emilia saw. So yes yesterday's Stand by her was my proud Mummy moment as things are changing in the Watts house and my Red self was steering that change and she completely rocks. That realisation that I have never needed approval from these wonderful people, my family meant the world. I have never had to be anything other than who I really am. They love me unconditionally for 'just the way I am' not what I look like. I so loved that movie, Bridget Jones.
Again it is as simple as that, be authentic, true and real freedom will gravitate towards me. I no longer need approval from anyone anymore. And, letting go of this feels amazing and I can see my pathway to true freedom.
My piece of heaven, secret place 



1 comment:

  1. Today Evie was singing in parade with her class. The brief was To Wear Santa Hat, she wore Reindeer ears lol ..... Got to love her :)

    ReplyDelete